Thursday 1 September 2016

Hairspray Vibes with Simply Be

I have mentioned my love of the 60's far too many times to regular readers and I guess it no surprise I am still feeling them.   So when Simply Be offered me a dress from their amazing Day Wear selection, despite the fabulous selection it was already pretty much a given I would pick this high necked Geometric Swing Dress, that made me feel a lot like Tracey Turnblad and I should be dancing on the Corny Collins Show.


As this is such a bold print I kept my styling simple with Black Opaques from Primark, I cannot recommend these enough as the XL fits my size 22/24 bum perfectly and they are mega cheap.  My fun ice cream clutch which is very old from New Look came out, you can't get these in New Look now but rip offs are all over E Bay and silver chunky Sandals from River Island a while ago.


I found the dress super comfortable and perfect for this outing to the cinema to see Suicide Squad. The length was great and I found it to be quite a large size 22, so if you wanted a more snug fit you could size down.


Hair and make up I kept it simple with a side pony which is a style I am feeling at the moment with the heat.  For a night time look I would try and do a beehive and put more eye make up on as I feel the dress could easily be styled for a night time look, but here I kept it simple with basic make up and a Limecrime rip off of their pink velvet from Wish.  


*This item was gifted to me but the opinions are all my own,

8 comments:

  1. I love this dress on you, it's so pretty, it really transports me to a different time. Saturday night at the movies! The swinging sixties! You look awesome, great post! :)

    Samantha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it did the same for me I would like to style it next time with bigger hair x

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh that dress is adorable, total Hairspray vibes, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is so easy to wear which is a bonus.

      Delete
  3. ahhhh I'm feeling the Tracey Turnblad look! I love when you find little vintage gems in high street collections. I've heard so much hype about these tights, I really need to find myself a pair! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too I am always on the look at the moment for 60s bits. I love the Tights but find the need the tag in the back or the fit is off x

      Delete
  4. Superb article and valuable information because it’s helpful for me. I like your content. Thanks for sharing wonderful information. Buy Instagram reel views and likes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an excellent Blog! I would Thanks for sharing this wonderful content. Its very useful to us. Facebook Page Optimization Tips

    ReplyDelete