Monday 29 August 2016

Sequins & Stripes - Feat: Simply Be

It has been a beautiful Bank Holiday weekend following a rather steamy and sultry August.  I worked a lot of it but I did have the Saturday off which gave me the opportunity to wear one of the beautiful dresses sent to me by Simply Be to a BBQ.  I chose this beautiful striped, sequined dress from their party wear collection, where it is currently on sale for £24.99 and goes up to a size 32.



I liked this dress as I thought the striped sequins were unusual and a different way to wear sequins.  The sequins were tiny and in a rope like pattern which glittered nicely which doesn't show much in the pictures and I thought it was a perfect mix of casual and dressy.  I sized up in this dress and I didn't find it roomy, so if you are interested in this dress I would definitely size up.  I wore this with leggings as it was very short on me, for reference I am five foot 5.

Accessories wise I kept with black teaming it with my fabulous Blackheart creatives Vicky name earrings and a nautilus necklace my Dad gave me around 8 years ago which I must confess I have not wore as much as I should.  I also had one of my current favourite handbags which is from Skinnydip in the shape of a can of liquid sarcasm, which my friends little girl loved.

As I am still loving the 60's I tried to do a mini beehive with my hair it wasn't as big as I would liked it to be, but passable for a first attempt.

I hope your bank holiday was lovely too, but I am beginning after the sweltering heat of the end of the Summer to long for some cooler Autumn days.

*Although the dress was gifted to me from the lovely people at Simply Be all opinions are my own,


3 comments:

  1. Wow that dress is gorgeous, but it is really short! I'd be tempted to wear it with skinny jeans as a top rather than a dress - you look bloody gorgeous in it though, it's very you!

    Lottie xx
    http://lottielamour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Loving the idea of teaming it with jeans as really is too short for a dress.

      Delete
  2. Vicky - I was curious if you're still writing and wondering if you'd be interested in a collab on an article. I can be reached at virgilnci(@)gmail(dot)com. If you have time, I'd love to chat. If not, no worries - V

    ReplyDelete