Saturday 22 February 2014

Snacking Saturdays

Following on from Last Saturdays, dirty fries I thought I would share with you my homemade Sausage and Egg Mc Muffins, now there is a lot of these recipes floating around the internet but this one is my favorite and can probably make 6 sausage patties if you are careful 4 if you a bit more hungry/greedy. I will also apologise for the lack of pictures but I arrived home and it was all a bit of a rush! Then my camera wasn't around so I am afraid you've got a terrible mobile phone snap of the finished article.

So what you will need
For the sausage patties:
500 grams Pork Mince
1/2 teaspoon Grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Sage/Rosemary (either will do)
1/2 teaspoon crushed chillis
1 teaspoon ground black peppercorns
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Then obs:
Eggs
Muffins
Processed Cheese Slices

Then literally all you do is put all the stuff for the sausage patties in a bowl and smoosh it all together, if your being precise you can then roll it out and cut it into rounds with a round cookie cutter about the same size as a muffin, otherwise separate into balls and flatten (tip when flattened use your thumb to hollow the middle a bit more) then grill those bad boys.

Whilst waiting for the Sausages to cook construct the rest grill the muffins to your liking and butter if required and pop the cheese on.

To make the eggs I use one of these:


A nifty microwave egg poacher you can get these usually in Poundland or somewhere like that but be careful as if you leave it too long it can pop its lid and make a bit of a mess.

Then construct, and Voila!


Enjoy with ketchup, Hash Browns or whatever floats your boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment