Sunday 23 February 2014

Double Vision - One dress, two ways #1


The idea behind this challenge was to get one dress and wear it two different ways to get some more inspiration to change the look of a dress.  It is probably not the most original idea but Anne-Lise from  Mookie's Life decided to make this a monthly challenge on the last Sunday of the month we will style a dress and post both sets of pictures and hopefully give others some ideas on different ways to style things.

I am also really excited about this as it is my first Bloggers challenge and both Anne-Lise and I have different styles, I am pretty minimalistic usually, whilst I feel Anne-Lise is far more confident with accessorising than I so I am hoping to take inspiration from this. This month we are wearing the same dress which is part of the 99p dress range from Yours Clothing




When the dress arrived my initial thoughts were it was a nice heavy fabric but I hadn't seen the detailing on the arms and this was a bit too much embellishments for my taste so I snipped them off.  The dress said it originally retailed at £60.00, I wouldn't have paid that for it but it is worth more than the 99p.

Some people may love this amount of detail but too much
for me.
So we both started with a more casual day time look.


Anne Lise styled her dress
 White Jacket from New Look (old)
, Coloured tights (that I love) from Evans
Hat - Primark
Boots - Tesco


My Look is more Black
Leggings - Tu at Sainsburys
Cardigan - George at Asda
Boots - Clarks

Doing this post I realised how black my wardrobe is and I really would have liked to do something a bit more daring with this, with some coloured tights or maybe print floral leggings and trainers but unfortunately I just don't own any so that might be my next investment.

For Anne-Lise's evening look she styled it in a very glamourous way with fishnets and heels and her hair in a quiff.  I think this dress looks really good on her as she is pretty glam.



Fishnet Tights -Anne Summers
Black Heels - Evans
My style again is pretty minimalistic with drop earrings, patent heels and glossy tights.



A feature I did like was of the slightly dropped back.


Patent Heels - Marks and Spencers
Earrings - Primark
Tights - Monsoon

Would I have bought this dress if it hadn't have been 99p probably not, and although I love the 80's this dress was a bit over embellished for my own personal tastes.  

Has anyone else bought the 99p dress and if so how did you style yours?

2 comments:

  1. This dress is as made for you. You look stunning dear. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it on you, you are so glam and naturally pretty xxx

      Delete