Saturday 15 February 2014

Dirty Fries

Not to be  a terrible cliched fattie, today I have been craving American food,  from food blogs, shows and people's twitter feeds I have heard about the joy which are Garbage Fries.  So off I went to Asda to gather up some toppings for my fries.



I decided that my fries would be topped with Pulled Pork, sour cream, crispy onions, chilli sauce (that is what is in the disturbing looking battered white tub, I love this from my Kebab shop back in Deal)  and I wanted cheese, but I wanted this to be the processed type I remembered that the low low cheese spread could be used as a sauce if melted in the microwave and I thought if it worked it would be perfect.  I did buy some Doritos Nacho Cheese dip but am pleased to report this was unnecessary.  I also as well as the salad crispy onion fried a red onion till crispy and that is what the black bits are in the final pic.


As I wanted that fried fries taste, we bought the chips and the low low didn't have quite the fluorescent glow but overall I was quite happy and it satisfied my craving.

If anyone else has any American style recipes please pop them in the comments box as I do love to cook

2 comments:

  1. Asda sell this which is pretty good x http://www.americansweets.co.uk/american-old-fashioned-foods-mature-cheddar-squeeze-cheese-354g-bottle-10975-p.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for that but couldn't find it in our one! But next time I do a order from http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ that is hopping in my basket!

    ReplyDelete